Effective date: 23rd June, 2021
We collect personal information that we need in order to deliver our services to you. We collect personal information directly from you when you access our services or engage with us through our websites and surveys.
If you access any of our services (including supporting our campaigns, responding to surveys, contacting us from our website, signing up for our newsletters), we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- your name
- contact information including contact number(s) and email address
- a record of any queries you have made.
- website activity
- any correspondence with our staff
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information”.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever possible, we collect personal information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Novii its services, promotions, competitions and other marketing activities
- to reward you for being a loyal Novii’s customer;
- to inform you of new or interesting Novii’s services and offerings we think you might be interested in;
- to provide you with information or services you have requested;
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make;
STORAGE, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
We are dedicated to keeping personal information secure. We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. However, we do share your personal information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to deliver our services to you.
We store your personal information we collect from you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We use trusted third-party providers to store and process our data and ensure that our cloud-based platforms meet New Zealand privacy requirements.
This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security. In order for us to provide services to you, personal information is held by Novii’s associated companies in accordance with this policy.
You have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. To access, correct or change your personal information, contact our Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
[If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/ chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.]
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with any overseas providers which are not subject to the New Zealand Privacy Act. If we were to do so, we would obtain prior authorisation from you before we disclose it to any such third parties.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. We outsource certain business functions to other organisations. For the purpose of providing services to us and to you, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our associated companies;
- organisations which provide services to us, such as research, mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies;
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular content); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
Third party cookies and other technologies: We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing and emails: we use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords cookies – to keep track of the content you’re interested in and remarket it to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Novii when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out, please visit this page.
We are committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy complaints. If you are concerned this privacy statement may have been breached or your privacy has been compromised, please email us immediately on email@example.com call customer services on 0800 663 353. If we cannot adequately address your privacy concerns, you have the right to complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner’s website.